Monday, January 7, 2008

Thought For The Day

My sister, Donneta, and I enjoy using Franklin Planners to help us organize our days and time. We have fun at the beginning of each new year putting the new planning pages in our binders. This year I decided that I had to thin out some of the pages that I had been carrying around in my planner for years. One of these sections was "quotations" that I had copied. I was reading through a couple of these just now and want to include one that I had read by Stanley Tam and had entered in my planner page on 12/19/93. This may have been taken from his book "God Owns My Business". Mr Tam states the following:

"I can understand the plight of being average in mentality or in physical endowments--because I surely qualify in both categories--but I do not understand why so many Christians read a Bible abounding in promises to make them something beyond themselves and yet settle for a spiritual vitality so mediocre as to seem virtually non-existent."

I really thank the Lord for this reminder as I so need it. Later this week my mom and I go to wound and skin at Wesley Medical Center for their ongoing assessment of a wound she has that won't heal. We go about every 4 weeks and God is always so faithful, but I always start to worry ahead of time and "anticipate" all the "what-ifs" such as--what if the transport van doesn't pick us up on time, will the lift work at the hospital, what will the Doctor say, will home health keep coming and the list goes on. I love being with my mom but I so want to do the right thing by her and I wonder how much these trips accomplish.

I am glad that the Lord allowed me to read this quotation by Stanley Tam that I had copied a number of years ago. I will decide to focus on God's abounding promises and not the "what-ifs".

2 comments:

grammaneir said...

Great reminder!
Roger Neir

grammaneir said...

Good thoughts - thanks for sharing them.