Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Thanksgiving Memories









A few days before Thanksgiving I began listening to a tape by Nancy Leigh DeMoss entitled "An Attitude of Gratitude". She stated that there are 3 G's--Guilt for our sin, Grace which is so abundant, and the Gratitude that this produces. This made sense to me and I enjoy things that rhyme so I have thought quite a bit about having an attitude of gratitude. I read that the Pilgrim's made many more graves than huts yet they set aside a day of Thanksgiving. I had intended to do a Thanksgiving blog last week but now you know why the boys call me "slo-mo" which stands for slow mother!

We had a special Thanksgiving time. Early in the day Tim (my great chef husband) got the turkey ready and in the oven. We then went to my mom's assisted living home to celebrate with her and some of the other residents there. This was the first year that she couldn't be with us in our own homes but we had such a special time where she now lives. We then went home and had our second celbration with our family and Tim's mother. On Saturday we went to Donneta and Monte's for the McBoyle Thanksgiving. We had such a special time and the kids enjoyed the usual Thanksgiving football game. Each team thought that they had won.

I have so much to be thankful for and I hope I can daily be remined of God's Grace which should produce in me such an attidude of gratitude.

1 comment:

grammaneir said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. So glad you are close to your Moms.