Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Our High School Senior


Our oldest son, Tim, began his senior year at Trinity Academy a couple of weeks ago. His brother, Tad, mentioned that it didn't seem very long ago that we dropped Tim off for his first day as a high school freshman and now he is in his last year. His dad and I wish that time would slow down as it's hard for us to think about Tim not being around as much. He is busy this year being the Student Council president, involved in National Honor Society, a couple of vocal groups, and a small group co-leader. He is thinking of college options and right now seems to be favoring WSU. Last week I got to go with him to a WSU scholarship information meeting, and now he needs to get started with the paper work. During the last few months he's been working out with weights and seems so big and strong. A neighbor man asked him to help carry a large piece of furniture down the street that he had purchased at a garage sale! I wish that I could have seen this. (Tim told me he would never again complain about furniture that I ask him to move here in the house.) He still drives his l982 VW bus which doesn't have heat or AC, but Tim did get the windows fixed so that now they will roll up! Tim's been a good example for his younger brothers and we are so appreciative. Tim and I do have a difference of opinion on how a room should be kept! I know though that next year if his room doesn't have an occupant that I will miss the days of its present appearance!

This photo of Tim was taken at Lake Hiayaha in Rocky Mountain National Park. We love you, Tim!

No comments: