Friday, July 18, 2008

TIM TURNS 18!!

On July 8 we celebrated a new milestone in our family. Our oldest son, Tim, turned 18. A couple weeks before this momentous day he received notification from the Selective Service that he was registered. (We thought that this was something he would need to do as he turned 18.) When he called to double check--to please his mother--he was told that this is done automatically when a young man gets his driver's license. Tim has been such a joy in our lives. He was not supposed to be born until July 31, so in late June of l990 when I went to help my folks with the wheat harvest, I was "certain" that I had plenty of time??? before our baby would arrive. How incorrect I was! I was always so thankful that I didn't go into labor as my mom and I were bouncing across the field in the wheat truck!

The years have gone so very fast and now Tim is preparing for his senior year in high school. He is the student council president for his last year and in a few weeks his class will be taking their senior trip. His dad and I would like to slow things down, but realize that is not possible so we want to enjoy each day.

For the last 4 years Tim has had a small lawn mowing business called "The Cut Above". (I love to mow grass and frequently ask if he needs an "assistant", but he always declines!) Tim drives a l982 VW Vanagon. The heat and the AC don't work and this summer the front windows won't roll up. Every time it rains he (or we) run out and put towels in the windows to try to keep the inside dry. (I must add we've add a rainy summer.)

Tim we love you so much and desire for you to seek God's guidance in your future plans. (If I can ever get the computer to add photos, I will add a birthday picture of Tim and his brothers.)

No comments: