Sunday, March 23, 2008

TOMMY TURNS 14!!!




Tomorrow March 24 will be a very special day in our home! Our youngest son, Tommy, turns 14. How fast the years have gone. I so remember the day he was born--I had a 7:30 surgery to do and at the end of the case realized I was a little uncomfortable. I walked from the hospital across the walkway to my OB for my scheduled appt. He informed me that I was in labor, to walk back to the hospital, and get ready to have a baby! I called Tim who was at the dentist's office getting ready to have a root canal. He was more than happy to bolt out of the dentist's office, only to have the dentist run after him, saying that they could reschedule him! Tommy was born by mid-afternoon and he was my biggest baby at 8lb. 11oz. That evening Tim brought Timmy and Taddy to the hospital to meet their little brother. Taddy almost upset the bassinette trying to look in. It was basketball season then as well and Tommy and I watched KU lose to Purdue.

Tommy is a delightful son and brings us so much happiness. He is always so willing to help around the house and the yard. He keeps his room so neat and is very organized. This has been his first year in public school and he studies very hard. He has made the honor roll both 9 weeks and his dad and I get to attend the honor roll breakfast for parents. His Bible verse for the school year is Phil. 4:13.

Tommy really likes sports--his favorite being basketball. He hopes that KU can win it all this year! (So do the rest of us.) The New York Yankees are his favorite baseball team.

Tommy is so kind to both of his grandmothers and made each of them happy on Easter Sunday as he visited them. Tommy, we thank God for you and wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! WE LOVE YOU SO VERY MUCH!

3 comments:

Don and Roberta Graber said...

Tommy sounds like such a special young man. Happy Birthday to Tommy. I always enjoy reading about your family, your reflections, on life, etc. You have a great family.

Journaling My Journey said...

Happy Birthday to a fine young man. God bless you Tommy.
Roger & Mary

Neirly News said...

Mighty nice praise for your youngest blessing and his wish has come true! We just returned from a day in Lawrence-Taylor, Brittany,Jamie,Phil,John ,Johnny,Trey
and myself. They all enjoyed the parade while I waited in line at the entrance to Allen Field House. We were fortunate enough to get autographs from Mario,Sasha,Darnell & Russell. Taylor got one from Shady. I waited a long time for Self but he never showed anyway what a nice finish to the season! Happy late birthday Tommy and Rock Chalk Jayhawks! Marilee your great at praising your children They will be forever greatful for that.
Roger